Now’s the time to move that old energy-hog refrigerator out of your garage or kitchen. Chelan County PUD is working with JACO Environmental to pick up and recycle old refrigerators and freezers for free. Customers who participate will receive a $30 rebate. The requirements are:
- The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, defrosted, and in working condition.
- The unit must meet the size requirement which is 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- Customers must have an active electric account with Chelan County Public Utility District at the address where you would like Jaco to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
- Limit of two (2) units per customer address per calendar year. (If you are recycling one side-by-side refrigerator, it will be considered as one appliance for recycling. It will not be counted as two separate units.)
- An adult, 18 or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
- The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
- Appliance must be disconnected from water lines prior to the pickup crew’s arrival.
- Customer must provide clear and safe access to the appliance for the removal team.
Schedule an appointment to have your refrigerator or freezer picked up for recycling here. Customers can also schedule pickup by phone at (877) 577-0510. Questions? Call Jaco at the same number.
Jaco provides an effective way for consumers and utilities to responsibly recycle household appliances, resulting in energy conservation, lower utility bills, and a safer environment.